What is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
What exactly is the difference between CPO vs. used vehicles? Settle this common question once and for all with Mazda of Bedford! While both types of vehicles fall under “used” vehicles, since both have had previous owners, certified pre-owned vehicles offer benefits like warranty coverage, roadside assistance coverage, and more, that regular used cars normally do not. For nearly-like-used prices with nearly-like-new benefits, consider a CPO vehicle from Mazda of Bedford! When compared to other CPO programs, the Mazda Certified program represents an excellent value!
Used Car Buying Tips
We’re happy to offer you a range of practical car buying tips to help you make the most of your next vehicle purchase. If you’re considering buying a used car near Mentor or Cleveland, here’s what you should know:
- Used vehicles are simply vehicles that have had one or more previous owner prior to you purchasing them.
- Used cars vary in age, mileage, and number of prior owners, condition, and more/
- Since used vehicles generally have normal wear and tear, offer no warranty coverage other than the remainder of the new vehicle warranty coverage at the time of purchase, and are subject to depreciation, they usually cost less than either certified pre-owned vehicles or new vehicles.
- At Mazda of Bedford we do offer plenty of quality used cars for sale near Beachwood from Mazda and other popular brands.
Certified Pre-Owned Car Buying Tips
Certified pre-owned vehicles are part of a CPO program that has dictates certain requirements that must be met before a vehicle can be classified as such. These requirements generally include:
- The vehicle age must be within six years of the current model year
- The vehicle ought not have more than a certain mileage, i.e. 80,000 miles
- A multi-point inspection must be completed prior to certification
- Additional extended warranty coverage on top of CPO coverage is usually available
As you can see above, when you compare CPO vs used vehicles, most certified pre-owned vehicles are relatively new, have relatively low mileage, and must pass quality assurance checks before being certified. This makes buying a certified pre-owned vehicle much closer to buying a new vehicle than your average run-of-the-mill used car. It also means that CPO vehicles like our CPO Mazda models command a premium over used cars. But, all things considered, CPO vehicles make a good compromise between used and new vehicles.
Shop Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles with Mazda of Bedford
Now that we’ve answered your question “What is the difference between used and certified pre-owned?”, it’s time to explore our CPO vs. used vehicles for sale at Mazda of Bedford! Once you’ve found something you like, just contact us for additional information on our inventory or financing solutions. We’re here to help!
Used Vehicle Specials
10 Matching Vehicles Found
Based on model year EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
More from Mazda of Bedford
Do I Need New Tires? The lifespan of your tires can vary on a plethora of different factors. Road conditions, climate, driving habits and tire pressure are just a few things that can affect how long your tires will last. There is no specific date or time for when you should think about replacing your…
What exactly is the difference between CPO vs. used vehicles? Settle this common question once and for all with Mazda of Bedford! While both types of vehicles fall under “used” vehicles, since both have had previous owners, certified pre-owned vehicles offer benefits like warranty coverage, roadside assistance coverage, and more, that regular used cars normally do…
Mazda has introduced its new line of Carbon Edition Mazda’s. These will be available in the 2021 Mazda CX-9, CX-5 and Mazda6. These new Mazda’s will come dressed in a Polymetal Grey Exterior with Black accents and a Red Leather Interior. According to Mazda USA, “The 2021 CX-5, CX-9 and Mazda6 Carbon Edition vehicles will…