What are the Mazda Maintenance Schedules?
Proper maintenance is key to your vehicle’s health and safety, and luckily, Mazda offers comprehensive maintenance plans to help you schedule every service right on time. And while maintenance may be similar across the lineup for Mentor drivers, the Mazda3 maintenance schedule is slightly different than the Mazda CX-5 or even Mazda6 maintenance schedule. So, Mazda of Bedford is here to help you out. Read everything from the Mazda3 to the Mazda CX-5 maintenance schedule below, and book your next appointment with Mazda of Bedford.
MAZDA3 MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
While the Mazda3 maintenance schedule is straightforward, it’s important to check whether you set your oil change monitor to “Flexible” or “Fixed.” This will influence the frequency that you check certain components of your car. But, under normal driving conditions in Cleveland, this is the recommended schedule:
- Every Year: inspect your disc brakes
- Every Two Years: inspect fuel lines/hoses, brake lines, hoses, and connections, steering operation, front and rear suspension, driveshaft dust boost, and tighten bolts and nuts and chassis and body
- Every Three Years: inspect the drive belts
- Every Four Years: inspect the hoses and tubes for emission and exhaust system and heat shields
- On a “Flexible” oil change monitor setting: replace oil when the wrench indicator is ON. At this time, you should also replace the air filter and cabin air filter. Max interval is 12 months / 10,000 miles
- On a “Fixed” oil change monitor setting: replace the oil every 6 months, replace the air filter at 30 months and the cabin air filter every two years
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years or 60,000 miles / 4 years depending on coolant type. After first replacement, change at 60,000 miles / 5 years and 60,000 miles / 4 years, respectively.
- Replace spark plugs at 75,000 miles and rotate tires at 5,000 miles
MAZDA6 MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
The Mazda6 maintenance schedule shares many similarities with the Mazda3 maintenance schedule. In fact, Mazda recommends following the same schedule for yearly, bi-yearly, and three year maintenance needs. Here are the changes from the fourth year onward:
- Every Four Years: Inspect hoses and tubes for emission
- Every Five Years: Inspect the exhaust system and heat shields
- Replace air filter every three years
- Replace engine oiland filter when wrench indicator light is ON. Max interval is 12 months / 7,500 miles
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years, and at 60,000 miles / 5 years after the first replacement
- Replace cabin air filter every two years
- Replace spark plugs with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5 every 75,000 miles, and every 40,000 miles with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T
- Rotate tires every 7,500 miles
- Inspect emergency flat tire repair kit annually if installed
- If submerged in water, replace rear differential and transfer oil annually
MAZDA CX-5 MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
Though the Mazda CX-5 is an SUV, it shares a lot in common with the Mazda6 sedan. Under normal driving conditions in Beachwood, the Mazda CX-5 maintenance schedule is nearly identical with one key difference:
- Replace spark plugs with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T every 40,000 miles, and every 75,000 miles on anything other than SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T
SCHEDULE YOUR SERVICE AT Mazda of Bedford!
You’ve read all about the recommended maintenance services for the most popular Mazda vehicles, so is it time for your next oil change or tire rotation? Contact us at Mazda of Bedford with any questions about driving in the Bedford area or schedule your service online today!
More from Mazda of Bedford
The 2022 Mazda CX-5 is a truly incredible SUV that delivers in so many ways. However, the most prominent get for your Mentor drive is the stellar Mazda CX-5 safety rating. The Mazda CX-5 safety situation is all in all something you should check out. Want to keep your most precious cargo safe? With the…
The 2023 Mazda CX-50 is a new evolution in the SUV game. It’s a new Mazda SUV meant to slot between the Mazda CX-5 and Mazda CX-9. It’s got a ton of style, and it only gets better when you consider the Mazda CX-50 exterior paint colors and interior colors. There are a range of…
The Mazda CX-5 reviews are in for model year 2022, and like always, they consider this one of the best crossovers on the market today. If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s got style and substance in abundance, you’ll want to check out the 2022 Mazda CX-5 reviews and start planning your strategy. Thankfully, you…